Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blackberry Kuchen

Kuchen is the German word for cake, but whenever anyone in my family uses the word, we are referring to this particular dessert.  What's great about this recipe is that it's easy to make, hard to screw up, and it works with so many different kinds of berries and other fruits.  It's also really good.  Besides blackberries, I've had this kuchen with blueberries, apricots, plums, peaches, and more.  I would like to try it with raspberries or a mixture of several kinds of berries one day.
My grandmother dropped a blackberry kuchen off at our house the other night, made with the last of the berries from down by our creek.  Although we had it for dessert after dinner, this kuchen recipe serves as an excellent breakfast or brunch dish.  I think blackberry kuchen is my favorite kind, but go ahead and try it with whatever fruit you have lying around the house.  It'll probably turn out equally delicious!
Out of laziness, but also because my grandmother has cute handwriting, I'm just posting a picture of the recipe she gave to my family a while ago instead of typing it all out.  
Front
Back

2 comments:

  1. just thought I would let you know that I found your recipe and liked the writing so much I just took a photo of it to make this absolutely delicious cake. In the last week I have made 3 and everyone who has eaten it has loved it so much I have had to pass the recipe on to them. It is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I'm so glad to hear that you like the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete